The inaugural version of the Ladies’s Premier League (WPL) concluded on Sunday (March 26), with Mumbai Indians (MI) defeating Delhi Capitals (DC) within the summit conflict to develop into WPL champions on the iconic Brabourne Stadium.
— Ladies’s Premier League (WPL) (@wplt20) March 26, 2023
Natalie Sciver-Brunt was the present stopper as she smashed an unbeaten 60 runs off 55 balls to assist Mumbai chase down the goal of 132 set by Delhi in 19.3 overs.
— WomenCricket.com (@WomenCricketHQ) March 26, 2023
For her excellent batting, Sciver received the ‘Participant of the Match’ award. Equally, Hayley Matthews was honoured with the ‘Most Worthwhile Participant of the Season’ award and the Purple Cap as nicely.
Notably, the West Indies celebrity bagged the best wickets (16) within the season and scored 271 runs.
— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) March 26, 2023
Delhi Capitals skipper Meg Lanning, who top-scored (35) for her facet within the last, received the Orange Cap as she ended up accumulating 345 runs within the event. The Aussie icon additionally smashed the utmost fours (50) within the event.
Icon, legend, and now #TATAWPL‘s first-ever Orange Cap holder 🧡
— Delhi Capitals (@DelhiCapitals) March 26, 2023
WPL 2023 Awards and Money Prizes:
- Rising Participant of Season – Yastika Bhatia (INR 5 lakh)
- Energy Striker of the Season – Sophie Devine (INR 5 lakh)
- Most Worthwhile Participant of the Season – Hayley Matthews (INR 5 lakh)
- Participant of the Match (FINAL) – Natalie Sciver (INR 2.5 lakh)
- Energy Striker of the Match (FINAL) – Radha Yadav (INR 2.5 lakh)
- Catch of the Season – Harmanpreet Kaur (INR 5 lakh)
- Purple Cap – Hayley Matthews (INR 5 lakh)
- Orange Cap – Meg Lanning (INR 5 lakh)
- Winners – Mumbai Indians (INR 6 crore)
- Runners-up – Delhi Capitals (INR 3 crore)
- Fairplay award – Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals
Share with a Cricket fan!
For newest cricket information and updates, subscribe to our Weekly Publication.