Are you prepared for the BEST wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies EVER?! They’re chewy, vegan, gluten free and SO GOOD that they’ve formally grow to be one in every of my favourite cookies to make once I’m searching for a wholesome and nourishing, however nonetheless satisfying deal with.
And guys, what’s life and not using a little chocolate? Frankly, I’m unsure.
I first got here up with this vegan chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe once I was messing round within the kitchen late at night time. We often eat dinner at 7pm and by so by 9pm, I’m prepared for just a little one thing candy to finish the night time. I’ve a go-to oatmeal cookie that I’ll all the time make, however this time wished it to be dairy free, vegan and gluten free as a result of frankly, if I provide you with a recipe for one model, you’ll ask for the opposite. LOLZ.
So, inform me, what’s higher than a cookie for almost everybody? Enter these RIDICULOUSLY GOOD HEALTHY OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Yummmmmmm.
FREE Final Information to Cookie Baking
Join under and get a FREE printable e-book with my greatest ideas & tips for baking good cookies each time!
Substances in wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
One of the best half about these wholesome chocolate chip cookies? They’re straightforward to make, take solely 20 minutes, are made in a single bowl and also you most likely have already got all the substances for them in your pantry! You’ll want:
- Gluten free oat flour: this flour is one in every of my favorites to bake with and you may simply make it your self! I’ve included directions on how to take action under.
- Gluten free oats: I like to recommend utilizing gluten free rolled oats on this recipe to make sure that the cookies bake up correctly and have that scrumptious chew to them.
- Flaxseed meal: baking with flaxseed meal is a good way to substitute a flax egg for normal eggs to maintain them vegan.
- Coconut oil: only a little bit of coconut oil give these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies the correct quantity of moisture with out having to make use of butter.
- Coconut sugar: we’re sweetening these cookies with all pure coconut sugar as a substitute of standard, refined sugar. You need to use brown sugar in the event you’d like.
- Shredded unsweetened coconut: the coconut provides these wholesome oatmeal cookies an additional scrumptious chew to them plus just a little pure sweetness.
- Vanilla: a vital for yummy baked items.
- Baking soda & salt: to make sure these bake up correctly.
- Chocolate chips: be happy to make use of your favourite model or maintain these oatmeal cookies vegan through the use of dairy free chocolate chips! I really like utilizing darkish chocolate chips or breaking apart a darkish chocolate bar.
What makes these oatmeal cookies wholesome?
Traditional chocolate chip cookies are made with refined sugar, refined flour and loads of butter, however this wholesome chocolate chip cookie recipe has no butter and the cookies are sweetened with only a little bit of coconut sugar. They nonetheless style INCREDIBLE, in fact.
These wholesome chocolate chip cookies have the right texture with crispy edges, a chewy inside and are so completely scrumptious that nobody will have the ability to inform that they’re vegan or gluten-free! Don’t overlook to prime them with just a little flaky sea salt for a enjoyable candy and salty twist.
Can I exploit a unique flour?
Sadly, no, I can not advocate a substitution for these oat flour on this recipe, however see under for a simple solution to make it at house! When you’re searching for a flour different, attempt one in every of these chocolate chip cookies:
Get all of my chocolate chip cookie recipes right here!
Learn how to make a flax egg
This recipe requires a flax egg to maintain these wholesome chocolate chip cookies vegan. When you’ve by no means made a ‘flax egg’ earlier than, it’s very straightforward and replaces conventional eggs in recipes. Simply add flaxseed meal and water to a bowl, enable it to sit down for a couple of minutes, then use it within the recipe as directed. I even have a information for the right way to make vegan egg substitutes right here.
Learn how to make gluten free oat flour
You may simply make your individual gluten free oat flour by merely putting oats right into a blender and mixing or pulsing till they’re easy and resemble flour. Try my tutorial with all of my greatest ideas & tips. This can be a tremendous straightforward & reasonably priced choice. Remember to measure out 3/4 cup of your oat flour after making it!
The fitting kind of oats to make use of
These wholesome oatmeal cookies use gluten free rolled oats, if you’re making them for somebody who’s gluten free, it’s necessary to verify the oats are gluten free licensed. When you aren’t gluten free, you need to use old school rolled oats. Please don’t use fast oats or metal minimize oats on this recipe, it won’t work out the identical.
Make these wholesome chocolate chip cookies your individual
- Don’t skip the coconut! The shredded coconut helps to bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I’d not counsel leaving it out. If you wish to go away it out although, merely add in 1/4 cup extra oat flour as a substitute.
- Swap out the flax egg: if you wish to use an everyday egg, you may, you simply might have so as to add in some further oat flour. I’d guess about 2-3 tablespoons of additional oat flour would do the trick.
- Swap the coconut oil for butter: be happy to make use of common melted butter as a substitute of coconut oil if you’re not vegan/dairy free.
- If you’d like extra wholesome fat: be happy so as to add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Why these cookies are nice for nursing mamas + youngsters
These wholesome oatmeal cookies are similar to my lactation cookie recipe and are nice for mamas who’re nursing as a result of they’re made with substances which have been identified to extend milk provide like:
- Wholesome fat from coconut oil
- And flaxseed meal
Not solely are they nice for mothers, however these wholesome cookies are additionally an superior, healthful deal with for teenagers, too! Throw them in a lunchbox, or bake them up for an after-school deal with. Hold these cookies available, or be happy to freeze them for later.
Learn how to freeze wholesome chocolate chip cookies
You may both freeze the chocolate chip cookie dough or batches of already-baked cookies! Try my full tutorial right here and revel in these great cookies from the freezer for months every time your candy tooth hits.
Our fav cookie-baking instruments
Try all of our fav kitchen necessities right here.
Extra wholesome cookie recipes you may like
Get all of my cookie recipes right here!
You’re going to like these wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, please let me know in the event you make it by leaving a remark and ranking the recipe under. I’d love to listen to from you and it helps encourage others to make the recipe! Get pleasure from xo!
Wholesome Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (vegan & gluten free!)
My very favourite wholesome oatmeal chocolate chip cookies simply so occur to be vegan and gluten free. This straightforward, wholesome chocolate cookie recipe is ideal for lactating mamas or youngsters because of flax, oats and loads of wholesome fat. These chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are outrageously scrumptious!
room temperature water
melted and cooled coconut oil*
gluten free oat flour
gluten free rolled oats
unsweetened shredded coconut (don’t use huge coconut flakes)
chocolate chips, vegan/dairy free if desired
- Fancy sea salt, for sprinkling on prime
Preheat oven to 350 levels F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively flaxseed meal and water, let it sit for five minutes whilst you get all of your different substances prepared. After 5 minutes the ‘flaxegg’ can be prepared and you may add the melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl; whisk collectively till easy.
Subsequent add within the oat flour, rolled oats, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt. Combine till properly mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop and place about 1 heaping tablespoon dough on ready baking sheet, about 2 inches aside. It’s best to get 10 cookies. If you’d like thicker cookies, go away as is. If you’d like barely thinner cookies, very gently push ONLY the highest of the cookie down only a very tiny bit. Don’t overdo it — these are vegan cookies and we would like them to stay collectively!
Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes till edges are simply barely golden brown. As soon as cookies come out of oven, sprinkle the tops with fancy sea salt.
Permit cookies to chill on baking sheet for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than eradicating and transferring to a wire rack to complete cooling. Leaving them on the baking sheet will assist them settle up and maintain collectively. Makes 10 cookies.
If you wish to use an everyday egg, you may, you simply might have so as to add in a tablespoon or two of additional oat flour. I have never examined these with an everyday egg although so I am unable to make certain.
The shredded coconut helps to bind these cookies collectively and provides them further taste so I’d not counsel leaving it out. If you wish to go away it out, merely add in 1/4 cup extra oat flour.
Be at liberty to make use of common melted butter as a substitute of coconut oil if you’re not vegan/dairy free.
If you’d like extra wholesome fat, be happy so as to add in ¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
Servings: 10 cookies
Serving dimension: 1 cookie
Saturated fats: 9.6g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats